Monday, May 25, 2015

Kigelia Africana the Miracle Fruit


One of the newer brands that we have gotten in the pharmacy is Kimovi, it's a danish brand with few but effective products in their line. And when I say new we have had it for about a year, but since we don't get new brands often, it stills feels pretty new.

The brand doesn't really live up to my "clean" standards, but the gel contains a very few ingredients compared to other products that are not natural and/or organic. And since starting the accutane treatment my skin has been breaking out in rashes and eczema weekly( even now that I'm done my skin is super sensitive). The Kimovi gel soothes the itchiness immediately and calms the skin thanks to the kigelia africana plant extract, which has anti inflammatory and antibacterial effects (that also gives it a not so nice brown color, as you can see in the above picture), it also lays a very thin protecting film over the skin. That's why it's soothes eczema and the anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties combined with the salt in some of Kimovi's products actually make it super good for people (like me) who has got acne. The salt doesn't only fight acne but psoriasis too, they have studies with remarkable results after just a couple of weeks.

You can go to their website and read more about their products here.
There is a whole page where people that has bought the products share their experiences.

It's the only thing I have found besides hormone creams my doctor prescribes that can calm my skin. I would have liked to use the more moisturizing cream from their line. But I like the gel for it's few ingredients. So for now I add on my Pai comfrey & calendula calming body cream for extra moisture and calming effect.


No comments:

Post a Comment

icon_facebook icon_google icon_instagram icon_linkedin icon_pinterest icon_rss icon_twitter YouTube